About The Company
They offer a dedicated healthcare scheme which has been specifically designed by police officers for police officers, police staff and their families. Their purpose is to deliver support in the event of ill health or injury to help customers get better and back to work as quickly as possible by providing access to a fast and professional diagnosis and top quality medical treatment.
The business is jointly owned by two Police Federation Branches, West Yorkshire and Gloucestershire. This is a new role to support the current Directors, who are all POLFED elected representatives.
About the role
To lead and oversee the company’s operations and to give strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the company achieves its purpose and objectives.
Provide dynamic leadership focused on developing a result driven, service orientated, motivated team. Monitoring performance ensuring the business KPI’s and strategy are achieved through the effective implementation of all accountabilities.
- A proven record of success at a senior level Police, public sector, general or commercial management, preferably in a related industry
- Experience of working as a Director at board/partner/trustee level
- Experience of managing teams at a senior level is required
- Involvement and understanding of security, data protection, cyber and software
- A wide knowledge and contacts within the Police, POLFED and the industry
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting statutory requirements
- Self-motivated with drive, energy and initiative enjoying the challenge of business expansion and a degree of managerial independence
- Charismatic and member focussed
- Strong project and organisational abilities including prioritisation, planning, people management and motivation. Articulate and well organised with a highly developed sense of priorities
- Adaptable, flexible, able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities with an ability to formulate decisions and to act upon them in a high-pressure environment
- Sound commercial knowledge and demonstrable understanding of Police, POLFED and the sector
- Leadership qualities with the ability to instil the ethos of high-quality service delivery. Hands-on approach,
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and face to face. Effectively communicating at all levels, persuasive and credible
- Professional, consistent personality, with a ‘can do attitude’, upbeat, enthusiastic
- Available 10 to 12 days per calendar month with a minimum of 4 days per month at the Worcester administration office
- Salary between £50,000 - £65,000 (FTE) depending on experience and skillset
- 25 days plus statutory public holiday (England) (FTE)
- Personal health cover, partner/family at cost
Please apply for the role before the deadline of 20th October 2023 and include a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and should be considered.
The organisation is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our business and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing a quality service. Entry and progression within the company is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit. If you require any adjustments at any part of the recruitment stage, please let us know.