An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Fire and Security engineer to up-skill as an apprenticeship tutor (paid for by us) and pass on their knowledge to the next generation and those who are looking for a change.
We are the leading provider of apprenticeships to the Fire and Security sector are looking to recruit enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate FESST Tutor (internally called a Learning Skills Coach or LSC) on a full-time basis to join a national provider who received the award for Apprenticeship Provider of the Year in the Manufacturing and Engineering category of the Annual Apprenticeship Awards 2023.
Reporting to the FESST Curriculum Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of sector defined Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours to the next generation of engineers and/or those looking to change career. You will be organised and methodical with a strong attention to detail with the willingness and understanding that you will be required to work within the stipulated parameters of the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and Ofsted with the learners journey as a focus in all you do.
Above all, this role requires an individual with passion and determination to support the organisation in our aim of ensuring our learning goes beyond the academic, vocational and technical and into the learners personal lives preparing them for life in modern Britain.
Please note this vacancy is also open to experienced apprenticeship tutors with demonstrable Fire and Security Technician sector experience.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of Fire & Security Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance across the 4 core disciplines
- First-rate practical hand skills and the ability to demonstrate / teach the basics to the next generation of engineers
- An appetite for self-development, with a sound portfolio of professional accreditations and certifications (electrical or electronic qualifications would be preferred)
- “On Tools” experience of a 3 year minimum
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight
- Willingness to work within the parameters of the ESFA and Ofsted
- Specialised Industry Qualifications (FIA, FireQual, Milestone Advanced, or Equivalent)
- An academic interest in the field and experience of supervising/teaching apprentices, as a trainer or as part of your engineering role
- Hold or be prepared to work towards an accredited post 16 teaching qualification e.g. Level 3 Award in Education, higher or equivalent
Safer Recruitment Statement
As we accept students under 18 years of age and take the safety of our students very seriously. You will be required to complete a full application form before proceeding to the next stage of the process. Successful applicants will be required to complete a DBS check.