Opportunities to protect the legacy and success, but also build the future for a family owned, diverse Group of businesses, don’t come around too often: are you at the right stage of your management career to seize this one?
Our Group of eleven connected businesses includes one of the leading producers of quality building sands, silica sands, crushed concrete, and recycled aggregates in South East England. Like all our enterprises, it is based upon acting responsibly, delivering quality, and building long-term relationships. In addition to you leading the development and future growth here, you will also maximise the potential of the other associated Group companies covering sectors including recycling, quarries, aggregates, and haulage.
About the role:
• A unique and generational opening, which should be a genuinely exciting opportunity to lead a successful and highly regarded company as we undergo a period of considerable growth. It is a very broad position which offers exposure to all areas of the business.
• A full-time, permanent role, based at our Head Office in Kent, but also with the requirement to regularly visit our other operations across the region.
• Offering a competitive salary to attract the best available talent, plus a range of benefits, including an incentive scheme, enhanced holiday entitlement, car allowance, pension, and Life Assurance.
• You must be currently an experienced senior level professional within one or more of the sectors in which we operate, and hold a strategic mindset. You will hold solid financial management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and proven commercial acumen.
• The ability to negotiate, influence and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, together with an awareness of corporate functions and a strong business development background.
• Strong report writing and data analysis skills, plus equally strong coaching / mentoring skills, and a thorough knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements applicable to our sectors of operation.
• Able to fulfil the practical demands of the role, both in terms of Head Office attendance and at the other operational sites as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and value the diversity of all our employees. We are committed to creating a working environment that is based on respect and inclusion, where everyone can contribute and realise their full potential.
If the timing is right, and likewise your level of management expertise in one or more of our operational sectors is too, for this to be your next career move then we’d love to hear from you. If you want to have a confidential conversation ahead of a full application, feel free to initiate that using the contact details provided.