Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Salary: £30 - £35K (depending on experience)
Location: Blackburn (flexible, 3 days/week minimum office based)
This employer is an educational technology company providing software as a service to thousands of classrooms across the UK and overseas.
The role has two key dimensions: handling initial user support enquiries and providing day to day support to company staff both at their head office in Blackburn and remote workers.
You will work with the IT manager to understand and resolve technical issues in a prompt and professional manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to and resolve (either directly or through escalation) customer software and hardware queries via email, phone or face to face
- Work with the IT Manager and wider team to ensure any recurring technical issues are addressed and any training or documentation requirements are identified and implemented
- Maintain the IT ticketing system, ensuring calls are logged and all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately
- Manage and maintain the company’s hardware estate, including basic repairs, liaising with 3rd party providers and identifying requirements for hardware acquisition
- Ensure that staff are able to reliably and promptly access software/systems necessary to their work
- Maintain and extend understanding and knowledge of software/hardware technologies used by staff and provided by the company to their customers
- Make and record initial assessments of customer hardware returned under warranty
Key Areas of Knowledge:
The ideal candidate will have solid experience of both internal IT support and also be familiar with IT support and provision within a school environment. Desired areas of competence include:
- Google Workspace user administration
- Microsoft Server Desktop operating systems and Office 365
- Mobile Device Management Solutions
- Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO modelling
- Networking - LAN/WAN/VLANs, Firewalls, Wireless
- Azure and AWS
- Recognised accreditation or Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, VMware VCP
- Full driving license
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Excellent time management
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong customer service approach
- Team player
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-reputed fast-growing organisation with a strong customer base and fantastic track record.
If you would like to apply for this role, apply now with your CV and a covering letter. Please note that covering letters MUST be included within your CV as these cannot be sent or received separately.