We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Management Accountant to join our team to contribute to all aspects of the finance department, paying particular attention to the analysing of data, production of monthly management accounts, ownership of budgets and account set-up. Being commercially astute, with an understanding of the finance process, to be able to implement improvements to increase profitability.
Established in 1984 and now the largest in our sector, we are a diverse, dynamic, and fast-paced business with real ambition. We are currently experiencing a very exciting period of growth which in turn means great developmental opportunities for the right person. Our carefully crafted rugs are the centrepieces that bring rooms and people, together. And that togetherness is the very essence of who we are.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, tenacious, and talented Management Accountant who can display excellent organisational and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. With the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure dealing with high volumes. The need to have good communication skills is paramount to working with our stakeholders. Preferable experience in retail or manufacturing industry but this is not essential as training can be given.
- Fully Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent Excel and computerised system skills, with the ability to organise data effectively using formula
- Able to plan and prioritise workload effectively whilst maintaining a high standard of work
- A high level of attention to detail
- Production of Monthly management accounts
- Formulation and ownership of detailed annual budgets
- Full control and responsibility for cashflow
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Key Customer account set up
- Supporting & representing the finance team
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors for annual audits and tax returns
All about you?
- Strong IT and excel skills
- Self – Management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- Results Driven
- Hybrid working (Minimum three days in the office per week)
- Flexible working
- Free on-site parking
- Birthday day off
Location: Etherow Works, Glossop
Industry: Business to Business
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
Hours of work: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Interview process: There will be an initial screening interview via teams with a member of the HR team; a 1st stage face will follow a succession-to-face competency-based interview and an excel test with the hiring manager. If you are further successful, a 2nd stage, a face-to-face interview will follow with a senior management team member.