We are currently recruiting for a Shift Maintenance Engineer for our busy factory and offices in Hampton. We are an established and reputable company who are proud of producing premium seals, wipers and bearings of high quality, and delivering them across the world.
The role will require you to ensure all production , building services plant and equipment is maintained and repaired to industry and legal standards to keep operational safety.
Your experience will show you are able to demonstrate mechanical, electrical/electronic skills and therefore you must have a proven background in maintaining plant equipment within either a production or manufacturing environment.
Working within a small but highly effective and busy team, you will help manage and control all maintenance activities on your allocated shifts to:
- Ensure that agreed standards within the maintenance function are met.
- Maximise machine and building services uptime.
- Undertake PPM’s on equipment in accordance with the required PM schedules.
- Complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner, advising the Maintenance Foreman of any instances that could potentially delay output.
- Purchase spare parts and working to budgetary constraints.
- Provide support to project engineering and continuous improvement programmes.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are recorded on the maintenance database.
- You must have experience and knowledge of working within Health & Safety regulated environment.
Your skills and experience must demonstrate:
- Engineering Qualification: City & Guilds P2-P3, or Technician T3-T4, ONC or HNC in Engineering
- Alternatively an Engineering Apprenticeship, NVQ3 (Skilled) or any other equivalent training program.
- Multi-skilled experienced mechanical engineer with good electrical skills, ideally 3 years within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Competence in the use of CPPM Systems, Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous Experience of Implementing Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings (Schematics)
- Expert root cause problem solving and expert practical knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Good management of contracted services, working with and managing contractors on site.
Whilst we train and introduce you to the company, in the first 3 months you will be working from:
- Monday & Tuesday 8am to 4.30
- Wednesday to Friday – 8am to 4pm
After the 3 months, the shift will be from 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday.
We can offer you:
- 24 Days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
- Excellent benefits
- Pension scheme via Standard Life
Closing Date: 5th February 2023.